Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF SALE
Direct2Pet reserves the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions to reflect changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in Direct2Pet system's capabilities, being specified that the Terms and Conditions applicable to your order are those accessible on the Website and in force that you accept at the time of your order. If you are a subscriber, you will be notified reasonably in advance of any changes to the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you may cancel your subscription.
These Terms and Conditions are applicable between:
Direct2Pet Europe B.V.
A company incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands registered with the trade and commerce register (or in dutch: Kamer van Koophandel (KvK)) under number 34309053
Having its registered office located at Taylorweg 5, 5466AE Veghel.
Phone number: tel: 020 4525 4959;
Email address: email@example.com;
VAT number: NL819782610B02
(hereinafter referred to as "Direct2Pet")
Consumers who use the Direct2Pet websites www.lovebugpetfood.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
1. Order, acceptance and confirmation of the order
By ordering the products through the Website, you confirm that you are over the age of 18.
1.1 Orders via Website
You may place an order directly on the Website. Once your basket has been validated, you will have to choose the delivery address, validate your means of payment and click to confirm payment.
Direct2Pet will acknowledge receipt of your order upon validation by sending you an order confirmation email.
Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
In certain cases, in particular for non-payment, incorrect address or any other problem related to your account, Direct2Pet reserves the right to block your order until the problem is solved.
1.2 Changing your order
If you wish to change or cancel your order after confirming it on the Website, you may contact Direct2Pet customer service via the contact details included in the Terms and Conditions or through your customer account. If Direct2Pet has not started filling your order, Direct2Pet may be able to change it based on your new instructions and send you a new confirmation email, in accordance with the terms of article 1 "Order, acceptance and confirmation of the order" herein. If Direct2Pet has started filling your order, Direct2Pet will not be able to change it and will notify you as such.
You may also sign up for a Direct2Pet subscription, allowing you to set up several recurring orders, for products and according to the shipping frequency you determine. In the event that one of the products is unavailable for a given deadline, you will be informed in advance and may modify your order, for example by ordering a replacement product or even by deleting your order for said deadline.
In order to subscribe, you will be asked to create an account and choose a password, as well as to register your bank card as a means of payment. You promise that the information you provide to Direct2Pet will be complete and accurate and you will be solely responsible for any errors, omissions and updates. You agree to quickly update the data and information provided when necessary.
You must take all necessary precautions to ensure the confidentiality, security and correct use of your username and password, to prevent them from being disclosed or used by unauthorized third parties. Any connection to your account and / or transmission of data made through your account will be deemed to have been made by you and under your sole responsibility.
In the event of fraudulent use of the password and / or your username, you agree to inform Direct2Pet in writing as soon as possible.
The subscription is free of charge, and you will only have to pay the price of the products included in each of your orders, when they are shipped.
You will be able to access your subscriber area at any time in order to:
(i) change the terms of your recurring orders, i.e. the products ordered, their quantity or frequency of shipment, their delivery or billing address, or
(ii) modify or delete a specific order (for example when you are on holiday), provided that said modification or deletion occurs 48 hours before the next scheduled delivery date, in "My subscription" section of your account.
You may also suspend your subscription for as long as you need or cancel it free of charge at any time.
2. My account
2.1 Creation of an account
When placing your order, you may open a user account which will allow you to track your orders and consult the history of your purchases. For this purpose, you must access the "My account" section on the Website and fill in the information requested.
You may also place an order on the Website without opening an account.
2.2 Tracking your order
If you have created a customer account on the Website, you may access such account at any time from the "My account" section on the home page of the Website in order to verify the status of your order, consult your order history, cancel a subscription or update your personal information.
In any case, including if you did not create an account, you shall be informed of the progress of your order by e-mail.
3. Direct2Pet products
The images of the products on the Website are for illustrative purposes and the packaging of the product may vary slightly from that shown in images due to technical limitations of your screen or device.
4. Delivery terms
Your orders will only be delivered to mainland UK. Direct2Pet does not deliver to the Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and Islands or Northern Ireland.
Several deliveries options are available, including a free delivery option.
Standard deliveries take place within the timeframe specified when ordering, which will generally be from 3 and 5 days from the order being placed, or according to the terms defined in the context of your subscription. If the last day of the delivery period falls on a Saturday, on a Sunday or on a public holiday, it is automatically postponed to the next working day.
Orders weighing over 15 kg may be dispatched in two or more parcels (depending on weight).
In the event of a delay in delivery due to Direct2Pet, Direct2Pet will inform you via the contact details you provided. This is why it is important that your contact details are complete and correct. In the event of a breach of the obligation to deliver on the date indicated or within the period specified, you may cancel your order, by mail to the following address: FREEPOST Mars Petcare, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, if we have refused to deliver the goods, delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances) or if you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential. If you do not have the right to cancel the order as set out above, you can give us a new time for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can treat the contract as at an end if we do not meet the new deadline. After that we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled goods and their delivery.
All products purchased from Direct2Pet are delivered to users through a shipping company. Any risk of loss or damage to the products passes to you at the time you or a third party designated by you, and other than Direct2Pet carrier, takes physical possession of the product.
Once the products have been delivered to the address you have given, you will receive confirmation of delivery by email.
If you are not home at the time of your delivery, we will offer you the option to leave your order with a designated neighbour or in a safe place.
If the products you have purchased cannot be delivered to you after three attempts (including home delivery, contact by phone or email, etc.), your order will be cancelled and the amount you paid will be refunded through the payment method used during your order.
5. Price and Payment
Direct2Pet reserves the right to adjust prices in its sole discretion at any time. Such changes will not affect orders already placed or subscription orders already sent, and you will always be charged of the prices in force at the time of your order.
If you are a subscriber, you will be notified by email of those changes reasonably in advance of your next delivery, and your acceptance of subscription deliveries after such notice will constitute your acceptance of the price changes. If you do not agree with the price change, you will be able to cancel your subscription at any time directly from your user account.
All prices displayed on the Website are in British Pounds and include the amount of VAT applicable in the UK.
If you have signed up for a subscription, the price of each of your orders will correspond to the price including VAT of the products ordered, applicable on the date of shipment of your order (any price reductions or current promotion being taken into account).
The price paid may therefore vary from one order to another.
Direct2Pet accepts payment by: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Shop Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Paypal. Your account will be charged upon confirmation of the product order.
If you have signed up for a subscription, your payment data will be kept by Direct2Pet for the duration of your subscription. You will be charged for the price of your order on the date it is shipped. You can modify your payment details in your subscriber account at any time. In the event that your card expires, Direct2Pet will send you an email inviting you to update your payment details. If you do not perform the said update, or more generally if a payment is refused by your banking institution for any reason whatsoever, your subscription will be suspended.
Payment must be made in British Pounds.
Shipping costs are £2,99 or free with orders over £30.
In order to offer a secure payment system, Direct2Pet uses the secure payment systems of the main financial institutions.
6. Promotions and coupons
If a promotional / coupon code is used, the applicable code for the concerned offer must be entered in the "Promotion code" field when ordering on the Website, or orally if you place an order by telephone and the coupon is valid for said order. Promotional codes or coupons cannot be used in combination with other promotions or coupons; only one promotional or coupon code can be used per transaction and the amount of that promotional code or coupon is deducted from the balance of the shopping cart. Direct2Pet reserves the right to restrict the use of promotional / coupon codes for payment of certain products, weight, certain shipping charges and expedited shipping charges, which will be disclosed on the applicable code or coupon. Unless otherwise specified in the terms and conditions of the offer, online discount coupons are not valid in Direct2Pet stores or any other point of sale where Direct2Pet products are sold.
Promotional codes / coupons cannot be used for orders made as part of a subscription. As an exception, you can use a promotional code / coupon for the first order of your subscription.
FREE BAG OF LOVEBUG OFFER runs 21/06/2022 - 23:59 19/07/2022. Bag automatically applied to cart when purchasing 2 or more 1kg bags of Lovebug Insect-Based Cat Food. Bag can be removed in cart before checkout if not wanted. One offer per household. We reserve the right to cancel any orders not adhering to the terms and conditions. Offer available for new and returning customers and can be used in conjunction with other offers.
7. Legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
If your product is goods, for example cat food, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if your goods can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
c) Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
8. Withdrawal right and return of the products
8.1 What is the right of withdrawal?
You have the right to withdraw from your order without having to give any reason and without penalty, within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the products that are the subject of your order, by you or by a third party designated by you, whether your order is placed as a one-off order or as part of a subscription.
8.2 Conditions for exercising the right of withdrawal (when applicable):
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must notify Direct2Pet of your decision to withdraw by means of an unambiguous declaration:
- By mail to the address Direct2Pet FREEPOST Mars Petcare
- By email sent to this address: email@example.com.
- By sending the withdrawal form below.
To FREEPOST Mars Petcare or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I/we [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on (*) / received on (*):
Name of consumer (s):
Address of consumer (s):
Signature of consumer (s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
(*) Delete as appropriate.
To comply with this withdrawal period, you must send us your request for withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
8.3 Return of products
Once your wish to withdraw has been communicated, you must return the product purchased on the Website to the address: Trojan Electronics Kings Dock, Trojan Close, Crymlyn Burrows, Swansea SA1 8QA without undue delay and in any event within a maximum period of fourteen (14) days after you have communicated your withdrawal decision to Direct2Pet. Direct2Pet will bear the cost of returning the products.
Products must be returned in their original form, without use or damage to the products, and without compromising their merchantability. Direct2Pet will not accept returns of opened, unpacked, damaged or used products.
In the event of withdrawal from this contract or of return of the products, Direct2Pet will reimburse you all the payments Direct2Pet received from you, including shipping costs, except if you have not chosen the standard delivery option but a premium delivery option. Reimbursement will occur without undue delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days from the day Direct2Pet receive the products back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the products back to us.
The time period within which this amount will be credited on to your credit / debit card may vary depending on your bank's practices, and Direct2Pet cannot be held responsible in this regard. Direct2Pet will proceed to the refund using the same payment method you used for the initial transaction, unless you expressly agree otherwise; in any case, this reimbursement will not incur any costs for you.
Direct2Pet may withhold reimbursement until Direct2Pet receives the product or until you provide proof of shipment of the product, whichever is the earliest.
As an alternative, you may also choose (but are not obliged to) not to be reimbursed but to obtain a credit note for the value of your returned products and their standard delivery fees.
9. Limitation of liability
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10. Customer service
If you have a problem with your order, subscription or question, you can contact Direct2Pet at email@example.com or at tel 020 4525 4959 (cost of a local call) working hours:
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
11. Personal data
12. Intellectual Property
Direct2Pet retains full and complete ownership of all documents and information provided on or through the Website, including all illustrations, graphics, text, video and audio clips, trademarks, logos and other content (collectively referred to as " Direct2Pet Content").
If you agree to these Terms and Conditions (and any additional terms relating to specific Direct2Pet Content), you may download, print and/or copy Direct2Pet Content for your personal use only.
Unless you have been given written permission by Direct2Pet, you may not do any of the following:
- Incorporate Direct2Pet Content into another work (such as on your own website) or use Direct2Pet Content for public or commercial purposes,
- Copy, modify, reproduce, adapt, reverse engineer, distribute, frame, republish, upload, post, display, publish, transmit, transfer, license or sell Direct2Pet Content in any form and by any means whatsoever,
- Modify a notice concerning copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property right that relates to Direct2Pet Content, or
- Establish an "invisible link" to a page on the Website (i.e. link to a different page from the home page of the Website).
13. Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
14. Money Back Guarantee
14.1 We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, however, if you’ve tried our Lovebug cat food, and are unsatisfied in any way, you can make a claim under our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee without giving any reason subject to the following conditions.
14.2 This offer is limited to one claim per household in any 12-month period. We will refund the full amount of the order you are claiming for provided that you return the unopened and unused packs to us were requested to do so (see paragraph 14.5).
14.3 This is only available for products purchased when the 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee is advertised on our website.
14.4 You must notify us that you wish to make a claim against our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee within 30 days of receiving your order (for one-off purchases) or the first instalment of your order. You may do so by contacting our customer care on firstname.lastname@example.org.
14.5 If you are claiming a refund for more than one bag purchased at the same time, please contact our customer service team to discuss returns of the unopened and unused packs. If we request you to return such packs, unless otherwise agreed with us, any shipping costs incurred for the return of the product will be borne by the customer.
14.6 We will issue you with a full refund (minus any shipping paid and not including any costs incurred by you for returning any unused product(s)) to the same payment card with which the order was made, within 14 days of you notifying us.
14.7 We reserve the right to amend or cancel this promotion at any time without notice.
14.8 This offer is separate from any legal rights you may have if there is an issue with the service such as the bags not being of satisfactory quality or any cancellation rights you may have as detailed in Clause 8.
15. Terms and conditions for our money off promo codes
Unless otherwise expressly stated in the terms accompanying our money off promotional codes, where we have issued you with a money off promotional code, the following shall apply:
- Each offer is limited to one redemption per household and applies only to one order with a maximum of 4 bags of 1kg.
- The code can only be used for one-time purchases and cannot be used for subscriptions.
- Each code may only be used once. If used more than once, we reserve the right to cancel the order.
- The promo code is only valid on lovebugpetfood.com and you must redeem the code by the date stated in the terms accompanying the money off code.
- You must enter the money off promotional code that you received at checkout to receive your discount.
- Codes cannot be used together with any other discount codes.
16. Valentines Social Competition
Valentines Day Giveaway – FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Eligibility: This promotion is open to residents of mainland UK (this excludes the Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and Islands, and Northern Ireland.) aged 18 years or over at the date of entry, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the draw.
2. Promotional Period: The promotion will run from 09:00:00 on 14/02/2022 to midnight on 17/02/2022
3. Entry Instructions
Follow @LovebugPetFood (must follow account to receive notification if won)
Post an image on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #WeLoveLovebug and tag @lovebugpetfood
Each new image counts as one entry. Entry must include the hashtag and tag the brand
4. The Prizes. The prizes to be won:
In the following eco-friendly gift box: https://snootycatz.co.uk/product/zero-waste-luxury-bath-bomb-gift-set-lavender/
5. Winner Selection* *: 1 winner will be picked at random using an independently supervised process
6. Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted by the LovebugPetFood official account by direct message on 18/02/2022 by 23:59. The winner will be required to respond within 7 days confirming their acceptance of the prize and providing their address to receive the prize. If a winner consents, their name, contact details will be shared with the Promoter’s agent for the administration of the prize. In the event a winner does not respond to this notification within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner from all remaining entries, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize.
7. No correspondence: Winner selection is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the prize winners.
8. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility in the event a winner is not able to take their prize for whatever reason, including in the event that a winner provides incorrect address or bank account details or due to postal delays or loss by the postal service.
9. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants for any losses that may be incurred as a result of entering the Promotion and the Promoter does not accept any liability for any loss, damage,
personal injury or death occurring as a result of a winner’s acceptance of a prize except where such damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its agents. The winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
11. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award of the cash prizes took place and therefore will publish or make available a cash winner's surname and/or county to members of the public who request such details from 21/02/2022 to 16/05/2022 by sending an SAE to Direct2Pet Europe B.V Johan Huizingalaan, 763a, Second floor, 1066 VH, Amsterdam. Entrants can object to such disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by writing to Direct2Pet Europe B.V Johan Huizingalaan, 763a, Second floor, 1066 VH, Amsterdam. However, the Promoter may, notwithstanding any objection, disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
12. General: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the failure of any third party to fulfil its obligations in connection with this promotion, although the Promoter will endeavour to minimise the effect of such failure on the entrants.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries which fail to be registered or are delayed for any technical or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the winner does not receive their prize as a result of having provided incomplete or inaccurate address details.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the winning entries including asking for the winner's identity, including proof of age, (which they must provide within 14 days but which will not be retained following verification by the Promoter and redemption of the prize) and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw the prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of the entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this clause.
15. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend the promotion, replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value, or amend these terms and conditions, at any stage, with no liability to any entrants or third parties, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
16. This promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
17. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
18. Promoter: Direct2Pet Europe B.V Johan Huizingalaan, 763a, Second floor, 1066 VH, Amsterdam